Thursday, October 25, 2007

Taraji P. Henson


Taraji P. Henson has landed a role on the T.V. show Boston Legal.She spoke to AOL's
Everybody Hates Marcus : Here's what she had to say

Talk about your character on Boston Legal.
Whitney Rome ... she is a force to be reckoned with. She's a lawyer so there comes a certain type of confidence when you know the law. You know how far to push the envelope and what to say and what not to say. Whitney definitely knows that and she uses it to her advantage.

What's it like working with a cast filled of veteran actors such as William Shatner, James Spader and Candice Bergen?
At first it was a little intimidating but they are all very warm and supportive. They welcomed me with open ears and William Shatner had the nerve to say "We need your help." I think you are doing fine without me. That just goes to show how supportive they are. For me, I love to be challenged. I don't ever want to feel comfortable because then I'm not growing. It is definitely a challenge because of the lawyer jargon. I just have a lot to learn.

As a child, did you ever desire to be a lawyer one day or were you dead set on acting?
I think I might have said it one time because it sounded good but I never, ever believed it. I never thought about law at all. I guess I was always a little artist. I was more drawn to acting and poems and English - - anything dealing with the arts. My father even tried to turn me into an athlete and I just had two left feet.

Gary Anthony Williams, who plays Clarence Bell on the show and is also the voice of Uncle Ruckus on Boondocks. What are your thoughts about the show?
Should Aaron McGruder not being use the N-word on cartoons?
I think it's very smart and clever. It's sort of in the light of 'Boston Legal.' It's teaching you through entertainment but you don't feel like you are being hit over the head with a message.

I got to be quite honest, I haven't seen the show that often but my thoughts are he's using it as a tool of education. It's almost like putting it right in our face because sometimes you don't even realize you even said it because you are just so use to saying it. When he puts it in your face like that, it makes you feel uncomfortable. He's teaching through entertainment.

Howard Homecoming is this weekend – as a graduate of Howard, what is your most memorable homecoming moment?

To be quite honest, I was a square when it came to homecoming. I was from there so it was never a big deal for me. Plus, I was an artist and I was always in the school of fine arts. We were always doing a play and we had to build the set, do the lighting scheme, we were really involved in the whole production of it all. I really didn't have time to be quite honest. Plus, I had two jobs and I was going to school full time. I will be going back to Howard this year. They are paying for me to come. This will be my first Howard Homecoming where I go to the game and partake in the festivities.

Have you retired from a career of singing after It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp?

I just finished a Marcus Miller project. He's a jazz musician who has played with the best. He also does soundtracks for movies as well. He is doing this jazz completion where he fuses jazz with spoken word and using a lot of the hot songs right now. I did a spoken word piece to 'I'm Lost Without You' by Robin Thicke.






I like her, she is another one of those that is a force to be reckoned with!Her style is unique. I see her being around for a long time.

The Bee is out!